Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

We went to see family for Easter weekend. We went to Jason's side on Saturday afternoon. ( I forgot my camera). We had an Easter egg hunt and dinner.

On Sunday, we planned on going to church at Shively, but we forgot our dress clothes in Cincinnati. I could have used the opportunity to teach my kids an important lesson about church and unnecessary expectations. We could have worn our capris and tennies and shown up to worship anyway, not worrying about others' opinion of us. I'm always talking about it doesn't matter what you wear. But it WAS Easter Sunday. AND I'm such a "rule follower" myself, I couldn't do it. I was too worried about what others would think. Have any of you ever been a similiar situation? Finding yourself worried about what others think?

Madison and her silly putty that she got in her basket...favorite present by far. She's acting like this is her tongue.

Mom! I sneezed! ooh! yuck!

Macie, Mariah, and Madison
hunting for Easter eggs in Mamaw's backyard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

We went to church, but Isaiah spotted a man up in the enclosed balcony (counting the attendees) of course when he "disappeared at the end of the song service & beginning of the sermon Isaiah decided to begin to talk and point "I want to go up, where'd he go"? He was growing louder and more persistent...so needless to say the crowd watched as we made a quick exit from the middle of the church! :) He & I spent the service walking around outside the building...sometimes I think God builds in special times with our kids. As important as I think church is, I remember that in the Bible times it wasn't a three times a week event...most of the training started at home...

Ellen

The Ragsdale's said...

You're so right! How wise! I bet Isaiah was funny! You need to write this stuff down!
We read the Easter story on the couch at my mom's house instead and we were able to go into great depth with them. They had lots of questions and we were able to take our time talking about Jesus' death and resurrection.
It sure was good to visit with you guys this weekend.

Unknown said...

How neat to do the Easter story yourself! Awesome for the girls to be recognized for their achievements in AWANA...tried any new church yet?