Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trip to Louisville

Madison and Mariah went to Louisville to spend the weekend with Macie for her birthday on Saturday. They have done this for the past 2 years now and it works out great! They swim, play dress up, dance, swim, jump on the trampoline, swim and swim. They love the water these days.

While they were there, Jason and I had a date weekend and took the time to computer shop. We finally decided on an HP from Best Buy.

I came to get the girls on Monday morning and planned to stay until Tuesday night at mom's house. We used our Kentucky Kingdom passes Monday and Tuesday. The girls had a great time swimming at the water park.

On Monday, my mom and I were the only adults for 4 little ones, (Macie and Anna were with us). Everything went great until we went to the Lazy River ride. We, or should I say, I, lost Madison on the way around. She got ahead of us and when it was time to get off, she didn't know to get off, so rode around again for a 2nd time. I went hysterical! I've never had the misfortune of losing my child for even a second. She was gone for hours it seemed, but really only about 10 minutes if that. I ran all the way around screaming her name and telling everyone I could what she looked like. Too many horrible things crossed my mind during that time. I called out to the Lord to help me find her... and sure enough... she was standing with mom at the entrance when I got back around. We won't be riding that ride anymore, unless we make a train!

We're home now and all of us are sick with some kind of upper respiratory infection. We played too hard I guess!

No comments: